Wednesday 23 July 2014

Saw II and The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug

So, it's been a few days since last. Nothing much has happened, and I didn't have enough to say to warrant a post I felt. But now I'm back. I have received a couple of new props and seen a couple as well.

The other day my wife and I went to Wicked Ink in Penrith to order our new tattoos. There on the wall I saw a great display. They had two displays of fantastically (and professionally) mounted props from the Godfather. One was two guns and some movie dollar-bills and the other was four bullets. Both mounts with Big frames and several pictures from the movies. I wish I could afford to mount my props like that, but sadly, at the moment that's not the case... If they let me, I will try to get some pictures of these when I'm there to get my tattoo. Fingers crossed :)

Also, yesterday I received a prop I bought some time ago; namely, a syringe from the Needle Pit scene in Saw II, signed by (who played Amanda Young). 
Gritty, ain't it ;) Imagine being in a pit full of these...
It also came with a full back-story from Reel Art. A very nice touch by them I think :)

Not final mounting, that will come...



















I also yesterday got my hands on two props from The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug. These I will not divulge the source of as I was asked not to. Suffice it to say that I know that they are real.
One (or three, depending on how you count) is three gems from the treasure of Smaug:
Smaug was less than happy with me getting these :p
I don't know how Smaug got them in he bag, but hey, he's a dragon...
 The other one from Desolation that I got was a call-sheet from one of the filming days of the movie.
A call-sheet is basically a time-table of one shooting day. It contains information like what scenes are being shot, where, which actors will be there, when and so on. Interesting information for a collector like me :) I will not post a picture of this, as it contains a bit of information that I don't feel comfortable sharing with the public. But it will get a nice frame and be proudly displayed here at home. For both of these, a big thank you to my source if you read this. You know who you are :)

My next move now is to go out and find something to mount these in. Im planning to do this later today. I will take pictures of this and put up here when I'm done to give a insight in my mounting process.

Until then, have a great day, and we'll talk soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment